Subscribe:

Labels

Monday, March 15, 2010

Author Appreciation Week -- Judy Blume

Judy Blume is one of those authors who has helped form who I am today. She taught me to face my fears in Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great, made me laugh with her Fudge books, got eerily close to my own life in Blubber, and talked to me honestly about the things my parents were too embarassed to talk about in Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret, and Forever. And I am positive that she has done the same for countless other readers for over a generation. The fact that she has been the target of so much censorship only tells me that she got everything right. And you know what the best thing of all is? Her favorite color is purple. Just like me. =)

Thank you, Judy Blume, for being such an important part of my childhood.





Check out her website here.

























































1 comments:

SusanKMann said...

I loved Judy Blume. Like you mention Are you there God? it's me, Margaret I think changed every teenage girl's life. She was the author of a teenage generation. Great post. xx

Post a Comment